Monday, June 30, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
- the archeological records about the early history of the city,
- the genesis of the "Forma Urbis", and
- the genetic origins of the Venetian people
Today, I met with Tito Canal, who single-handedly discovered almost 300 archeological sites in the lagoon and is also a descendant of a long lineage of Venetians. We plan to help him release his opus magnum this year as his lifetime legacy, which will fit nicely with our 20th anniversary as well, since we made the first GIS map of the lagoon for him in 1990 (under DOS!). The 1990 project was also the first Venice IQP to win the President's IQP award, when John Strauss was WPI's president.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
- Kyle has been uploading his photos to a special gallery on the server
- Ilan is straightening out the Dspace 1.5 installation
- Hamlet is tracking down the rest of our alumni
- Bob is supervising the work of the summer interns
- Bill is the sys admin for our server over the summer
- Galya is readying our PostgreSQL databases on the server
- Radoslav is developing the user interfaces
- Mike (in Germany) is also working on the front ends
- Saul (in the US) is providing expert support on all fronts
This is a very talented team, so we should see some great results this summer.
So much to do, so little time...
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
TANTI AUGURI MAMMA!
P.S. As a continuing present to my mom, I have not smoked since mother's day...